I woke up at 5am this morning, in hopes of getting a seat in the cycling class at my local gym. I couldn't believe I was up that early; before the sun was up. The night before I carefully laid out my gym clothes so I would be prepared to just put them on and head out the door as quickly as possible. I learned this the hard way, but I found that Its very important to take a shower before you go to the gym. This is to be considerate to your fellow workout friends at the gym that may get into close proximity of you. You don't want to smell on have bad BO (body oder). Taking a shower before you go to the gym is so important, so you sweat a clean sweat. Believe it or not, your body perspires when you sleep and that can cause for a nasty smell if you don't shower.
Anyway, enough about the hygine tips, back to the story. I wore my gray spandex pants, a matching blue and gray spandex top, and my gray spandex jacket- so yes, I was matching. I like to have a nice outfit on when I go to the gym. Maybe its psycological, but when I have a nice outfit, I usually have a good workout and feel more confident while I'm working out. Lets face it, working out is all about appearances- and it's true what they say, "If you look good, you feel good." So spluge on those nice matching workout outfits and shoes. Now my shoes is another story. I need a new pair of shoes. I was wearing a cheapy pair that I found at Big Five. To tell you the truth, I need to stop being so cheap witht the shoes and break down and cough up the money for a decent, up-to-date pair of Nikes. I'm a bargain shopper and can usually find a cheap set of work out clothes. However, the lastest and greatest sneakers are usually always full price. :( Next week....
So after I get all showered up and dressed, I put on my workout clothes, slick my hair back into a neat pony tail and I'm ready to rock and roll- literally. I hussel out of my front door, lock it behind me and swiftly walk down to my car. "This is great," I thought, "I'm on my may to getting back into shape, yeay." Pulling up in the gyms parking lot was a little scary, because there were hardly any cars there. It was weird to see it so empty. "Most people are still in bed asleep" I thought. "I must be crazy for being up this early. Believe it or not, the few people that pulled in to go to the gym that early with me were a few old ladies. I don't say that disrespectfully either. Thats probably how they got to be old ladies. If they can get up this early to workout- God Bless Them. I hope I can be like them one day, too.
When I walk in the first people I see are two young, beautiful twenty year olds checking people in. "Is there a spot open for this morning's cycling class?" I asked. The beautiful dark haired Mexican girl said politely, "She just got the last spot." I didn't let that deter me and said, "Well, what if someone doesn't show up, can you put me down on the waiting list?" "Sure." she said. I felt good at my perserverance and knew I was going to get in that class, because I was the first one on the waiting list. I then asked the young, female attendant to show me to the steam room, because I had never been there- It was only my second or third time to that particular gym because I had recently moved into the area. She showed me the steam room and I was satisfied. I had a plan, to do as much cardio as I could and then to sweat even more water weight off in the steam room. I'm a genius-my plan is perfect. I'll be back in bikini shape in no time.
While I was waiting for the cycling class to begin, I hopped on a cross trainer machine to get myself going. I was looking around the gym, checking all the other members out. There was an older guy to my left, probably about in his late 50's. Then there were two ladies on his left on crossbar machines probably in their late 40's. Wow, people are really taking care of themselves now adays- Just because your in your 40's or 50's doesn't mean you can't work out. Working out is for everyone, no matter what your age or lifestyle. I felt good being there at the gym and was able to finish about one whole hour on the crossbar machine and then headed upstairs to the cycling class.
The cycling class was full, but luckily, there was one open cycle and I sat on it- It was mine. I started to pedal and wake up my legs. I listened to the instructor carefully. When she said to turn up the resistance- I turned up the resistance. When she said to stand up on your bike, out of the seat- I stood up on my bike, out of the seat. Before you knew it, I was sweating and my whole shirt was soked. "I must be losing a ton of weight" I thought. "I'm going to do this again tommorow." I was able to finish the cycling class and headed back down to the steam room to sweat out the rest. I sat in the steam room for about 20 minutes and then took a shower and headed home. Constantly drinking water and driving- I felt really good that I hustled down to the gym this morning.
When I got home, I pulled out my brand new smoothie machine. Loaded it up with fresh cut stawberries, bannannas, ice, a scoop of protien powder and soy milk. I blended all the ingredients until it was nice and smooth, then I poured it in my favorite, tall, cup- dropped in a straw and sipped my breakfast. After I was done, I layed back down for a little while to center myself and plan on what I was going to make for lunch and dinner. I decided on a cobb salad for lunch and a piece of flounder fish and grilled zuccini for dinner. Then tommorow it will be, back to the gym for some more cardio.
Weight: 138lbs.
No comments:
Post a Comment