Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011- Sore Muscles After Three Days of Cardio

     My muscles are very sore after only three days of cardio.  I'm taking this soreness as a sign to rest and give my body some time to adjust to the new regime.  The last time I weighed myself at the gym, the scale read: 134 lbs.  Thats a whole four pounds lighter than it was when I started, yeah. This lighter weight is either a sign that all of my workouts are working to shed the pounds or I just had a heavy set of keys in my pocket the first day a weighted myself. LOL.
     I've been doing a lot of stretching lately to relive some of the muscle soreness as well as drinking lots of water.  I like my water with lemon and have read that this helps clear the intestines of impurities.  This morning, I pulled out my juicer from the top shelf of my kitchen cabinet and juiced about a dozen carrots and an apple. Yum.  These vitamins and antioxidants should also help cleanse my intestines and promote regular bowl movements.  I'm taking these steps in attempt to cleanse and detox naturally and safely.  I probably won't work out again until tomorrow, doing some light weights for my biceps, triceps, and shoulders.
     As far as diet goes today, I plan on drinking plenty of water- for lunch I will fix a salad with a few olives, cherry tomatoes, fresh onions, and italian dressing.  For dinner, I plan on eating a small piece of salmon and grilled zucchini. I will probably also drink some hot lemon tea before bed, to relax while I read and prepare for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment